We are excited to teach Spanish in our Pre School and Pre K Classes. It is wonderful to start learning this language at an early age, as the children have a window of opportunity to become familiar with Spanish before they realize they are learning a new language. To develop a foundation and familiarity in Spanish at a young age, children can rapidly accelerate their knowledge of Spanish in later years by tapping into various resources like songs, cartoons, and videos. We use the Spanish Champs Pre School Curriculum which makes learning a new language fun! The children will learn essential Spanish, including greetings, colors, food, clothes, numbers, manners, animals, family, the alphabet, key action verbs, commands, descriptive adjectives and much more.
Benefits taken from the Center for Applied Linguistics
- Learning Spanish at an early age…..
- Has a positive effect on intellectual growth.
- Enriches and enhances a child’s mental development.
- Leaves students with more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear for learning.
- Improves a child’s understanding of his/her native language.
- Gives children the ability to communicate with people they otherwise may not know.
- Introduces other cultures and helps a child understand and appreciate people from other countries.
- Gives a student a head start in language requirements for college.
- Increases job opportunities in many careers where knowing another language is an asset.